Can birth certificate have married last name instead of maiden name?

Recommended Posts

My mother does not have the birth certificate to apply for I-485. So we provided all the necessary documents for the authorities in India to re-register the birth and provide the certificate. But they say that they can only issue the certificate with the name as it is shown in the passport, which is the married last name (same as my dad). Can USCIS accept the birth certificate that is issued recently and with married last name on it instead of maiden name?

Please help! 


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.