H1-H4 question: peculiar issue

MurthyUser454

I am currently on H1 and there was some uncertainty back in October so I applied for H4 and H4 EAD. Actually applied for H4 and H4 EAD on October 12th but H4 Application got rejected right away due to some fees issue. We reapplied H4. So got the receipt number for H4 EAD for October 12th and H4 for October 30th.

Then my H1B situation got better and decided to revoke my H4 Application and continue on H1. Mainly based on the assumption that H4 EAD will get processed after H4 approval which will leave me ineligible to work for how many ever days it takes for H4 EAD processing. So we sent a H4 revocation application last week(8 days to be exact) and my lawyer said it will take a month for them to get to this revocation request.

Stay with me as it gets interesting. Now my H4 EAD got approved. My H4 EAD status says “Card mailed to you” and H4 status says “Pending”. Here are my questions. I would appreciate any advise. Talking to our lawyer on Monday but would like some answers before that

1. I read many posts where multiple lawyers confirmed that H4 is approved too but the status didnt get updated. So is it fair to assume my H4 got approved along with my H4 EAD?

2. I believe now I am in H4 status and what will happen if USCIS receives my H4 revocation request. ? I will be out of status if that happens and they process it. Yes, we will send a revocation request to revoke my revocation request ha ha.. but I am worried about the series of events here.

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, MurthyUser454 said:

I am currently on H1 and there was some uncertainty back in October so I applied for H4 and H4 EAD. Actually applied for H4 and H4 EAD on October 12th but H4 Application got rejected right away due to some fees issue. We reapplied H4. So got the receipt number for H4 EAD for October 12th and H4 for October 30th.

Then my H1B situation got better and decided to revoke my H4 Application and continue on H1. Mainly based on the assumption that H4 EAD will get processed after H4 approval which will leave me ineligible to work for how many ever days it takes for H4 EAD processing. So we sent a H4 revocation application last week(8 days to be exact) and my lawyer said it will take a month for them to get to this revocation request.

Stay with me as it gets interesting. Now my H4 EAD got approved. My H4 EAD status says “Card mailed to you” and H4 status says “Pending”. Here are my questions. I would appreciate any advise. Talking to our lawyer on Monday but would like some answers before that

1. I read many posts where multiple lawyers confirmed that H4 is approved too but the status didnt get updated. So is it fair to assume my H4 got approved along with my H4 EAD?

2. I believe now I am in H4 status and what will happen if USCIS receives my H4 revocation request. ? I will be out of status if that happens and they process it. Yes, we will send a revocation request to revoke my revocation request ha ha.. but I am worried about the series of events here.

Thanks in advance

1. Yes unless your H-4 is approved, they wont touch your H-4 EAD application. 

2. Yep too confusing. Need to be careful and watch your status online frequently.

Archived