Can I stay in India for entire GC process, after I-140 approval?

abhisheks77

Hi,
I need some suggestion on my stay in US. I was on H-1b and my I-140 recently approved in E-B3 category. I will be applying for H-1b extension next week and staying with same company for next 6 months and then will go back to India. In future (can't decide when), I would like to come back to US. My questions are -
1- Can I stay in India, till I reach at final stages of Green approval or there must be some stage, I will have to be in US ?
2- Whenever I would want to come back, do I need to apply in H-1b lottery and wait for my luck? Or I can simply say to any company that please transfer my H-1b and then I would join in xyz days ?
3- I was reading another note that when my petition will become current, I should be here in US. If this is correct, how long will it take to petition become current (in other way, for how long, I can stay in India) ?
4- In future, can/will USCIS contact my (former) employer and ask, if you still need GC for this guy and they can say that this guy left us long back? Is this risk valid?
Thanks

Archived