H1 B transfer


Recommended Posts


I am on H1 B visa with my current employer and I want to transfer my visa to another employer. however I never went back out of US after getting my fiest H1 B visa, so I dont have stamping done yet. Now my question is to do H1 B transfer, do I need to get stamping first? or I can still do H1 B transfer without the stamping.

Any suggestion and help will be very much appreciated.


Link to comment

Generally, when an individual is in valid H1B status in the U.S. and that individual wishes to change employers, that individual may do so as long as the new employer files a H1B change of employer petition with USCIS. An H1B visa is not necessary for the change of employers to take place when the H1B beneficiary will remain in the U.S. A valid H1B visa is only necessary to reenter the U.S. after travel abroad. If you would like to discuss this in more detail or have additional questions, please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney directly.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.