H1 Perm past work experience Documents clarification

VicksB

Hi All,

My employer has just started my PERM filing and I am in the process of submitting the documents.

Regarding the work experience, I have came across a minor confusion. I need to provide addresses and phone numbers of all my ex-employers and

#1. One of my ex-employer has moved completely to a new address and hence their current address doesn't match with the address mention in my experience letter given by them when I left the organization. So, what address should I put now? Current Address Or "the address in the experience letter" ?

#2. One of my ex-employer has been acquired by a bigger company and hence this employer doesn't exists with that name . So, shall I put the new company name which acquired my company ? But, in that case my experience letter employer name will not match this new employer name.

Please suggest solutions for above 2 confusions.

1 hour ago, VicksB said:

Hi All,

My employer has just started my PERM filing and I am in the process of submitting the documents.

Regarding the work experience, I have came across a minor confusion. I need to provide addresses and phone numbers of all my ex-employers and

#1. One of my ex-employer has moved completely to a new address and hence their current address doesn't match with the address mention in my experience letter given by them when I left the organization. So, what address should I put now? Current Address Or "the address in the experience letter" ?

#2. One of my ex-employer has been acquired by a bigger company and hence this employer doesn't exists with that name . So, shall I put the new company name which acquired my company ? But, in that case my experience letter employer name will not match this new employer name.

Please suggest solutions for above 2 confusions.

Please consult with your employer and their attorneys. They are paid to do exactly this i.e answer your questions and clear your doubts. They should be guiding you what to put on the PERM application forms.

1. Would you care if your old employer has changed name or moved to a different city ? It is not your job to track your old employers and what they are doing right now. I would put whatever is in the experience letter because that's where you worked and for that specific employer at that time. 

2.  See 1. 

Archived