USCIS procedure for Husband and Wife

aos2011

Hello all,

My husband had applied his 485 in july 2007. His PD is current in the August bulletin. He might be preadjudicated.

I will be filing my AOS on August 1st.

How does USCIS work in this case? Will my husband get his green card first or will his GC be delayed until they finish all my background/name checks and then approve both of us together?

Thanks for your input. This will be useful for me to decide if I should go for any other visa in between.

please consult a lawyer.

his application and your application are separate, even though your eligibility is based on his petition as a derivative application. so his application might get processed ahead of yours unless he got stuck in some administrative checks or the like.

Originally posted by aos2011:

Hello all,

My husband had applied his 485 in july 2007. His PD is current in the August bulletin. He might be preadjudicated.

I will be filing my AOS on August 1st.

How does USCIS work in this case? Will my husband get his green card first or will his GC be delayed until they finish all my background/name checks and then approve both of us together?

Thanks for your input. This will be useful for me to decide if I should go for any other visa in between.

Archived