H1B: Extension denials

stamford

Case details

My h1b visa extension was denied due to insufficient documentation and I am suspecting its because of missing SOW. I did my best by talking to all the folks but they thought SOW wasn't required and submitted only client letter. Most heartbreaking is, my wife who is also in H1B is 7 months pregnant. Company asked me to leave the country in 2 weeks and I already have Canada work permit. Plus I was in the process of transferring my visa to current end client in US. I am missing both the opportunities of not being here for the delivery and fulltime opportunity with my end client. 

What are my options?

1. To be with my wife during delivery,

I have planned to leave the country by end of sep (since I have 2 weeks time) to Canada. My client approved to support from Canada. After staying there for a couple of weeks, once I get the paycheck I thought of applying for US tourist visa. I have got a letter from my wife's doctor saying the need for me to be here during the delivery and after that. Once tourist visa is approved, will come to the US for a couple of weeks to be with my wife during delivery, see my baby and go back to Canada by mid December.

2. To reenter US with work permit, I have two options

2.1 My current company can file for a new petition with the existing h1 and correct the mistakes made in the month of  January and then upgrade to premium in February.

(or)

2.2 Can my end client file for L1 visa and hire me directly from Canada as soon as I go there by end of September? Maybe they can bring me to US in L1       visa. Or how else can they do?  

I hope you understand how terrible my situation is. Please guide me asap. 

Archived