H4 to H1B transfer


Recommended Posts


I was on H1B with a company for 2 years. I moved to a different place and started working in University and transferred my visa under the university name. I worked there for 6 months and then went on H4. Now I got a job with a company and I need H1B visa. Do I need to apply again through the H1B cap or is there a way I can renew this previous H1B and continue on that since I only worked for 2 years on that?

Please give me your expert opinion.

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.