Need URGENT help -how can i change my sponsor after my DV visa has been issued ?

ashtraveller

Hi All,

I have recently been issued Visa through Diversity Visa (DV) lottery. In my DS-260, I had been sponsored by my relative. But now, I have received a job offer in USA. So, I want to change my sponsor.

Currently I am in my birth country and I have heard that i can change my sponsor by writing a letter to USCIS. 

1. Could someone please elaborate me what should i write in the letter ? And what documents do I need to add in it ?

( Since, I already have a job so i can support myself and I can save a lot in this new job location ! )

Thanks in Advance !

The actual reason is that my sponsor has asked me to change the sponsorship because he is saying that he does not want to take any responsibilities of public charges if I am not around him and he wants assurance of sponsorship change. I came to know about this sponsor through a relative and so i had filled his details in DS 260 before the interview.

( Although, he never sent me the signed I-134 form and just sent tax files and a welcome letter without any signature and said it was enough on the day of the interview). He had said that he would fill up the I-134 form after my visa interview. I still have no idea if he would still be liable for the public charge because I am not aware whether he actually signed the I-134 form or not ! May be he had submitted in the US too, but I do not have any idea about that too !

Please sir, let me know the next step as I am confused.

could you please let me know what should my next step be ? The job offer is very nice and I can trust my new employer to the fullest. I can provide all legal and necessary documents for the change of sponsorship to the embassy.

Sir, this is urgent, and I am ready to go through legal processing rather than being stressed.

9 hours ago, ashtraveller said:

The actual reason is that my sponsor has asked me to change the sponsorship because he is saying that he does not want to take any responsibilities of public charges if I am not around him and he wants assurance of sponsorship change. I came to know about this sponsor through a relative and so i had filled his details in DS 260 before the interview.

( Although, he never sent me the signed I-134 form and just sent tax files and a welcome letter without any signature and said it was enough on the day of the interview). He had said that he would fill up the I-134 form after my visa interview. I still have no idea if he would still be liable for the public charge because I am not aware whether he actually signed the I-134 form or not ! May be he had submitted in the US too, but I do not have any idea about that too !

Please sir, let me know the next step as I am confused.

could you please let me know what should my next step be ? The job offer is very nice and I can trust my new employer to the fullest. I can provide all legal and necessary documents for the change of sponsorship to the embassy.

Sir, this is urgent, and I am ready to go through legal processing rather than being stressed.

Again, the I-134 is not legally binding. Even if he signed an I-134, he cannot be liable for anything.

Talk to the firm of Murthy should you choose.

""IF  you are currently unemployed, you should gather as much documentation as possible to show that you either have enough assets to avoid relying on public assistance or will have a higher income soon. This evidence can include:

• letters from banks and financial institutions where you have funds on deposit, showing the value of your accounts in U.S. dollars
  • copies of documents showing that you have other sources of income, such as from stocks and other investments or royalties.
  • copies of titles and deeds for vehicles, residences, as well as receipts for appliances, electronics, or any big ticket items you own, and
  • a job offer letter from a U.S. employer, on company letterhead.""

The job offer should be enough to show you will not become a charge and this way you can avoid the Affidavit of support.

Thanks to both of you!

Respected pontevecchio, I already have visa approved and issued. But my sponsor who is filled in the DS-260 form has asked me to change his sponsorship and he does not want to be my sponsor. I tried to assure him but he is still urging me to change the sponsorship. I don't want to cause any harm to our relationship or be liable to him, so I am happy to change my sponsor.

1. So, can i mail the USCIS and request to change my sponsorship ?

2. Would they agree if i show them genuine documents of my job offer ?

3. What additional documents do I need to prepare if i am to use my job offer for the sponsor change ?

My sponsor said that his sponsorship would be wasted since I would still have his name in the sponsor and he could use it for some other relatives , and so this was the reason that he was requesting me to change it.

I have asked him to withdraw my sponsorship and decided to request USCIS to change my sponsorship as now I have a job offer.

1. So, would it be a problem if I ask the USCIS ?

2. What documents related to job offer or the employer should I have to attach while requesting USCIS to change the sponsorship?

Please help me out here as I am very time bound.. Thanks to all of you for your appreciable effort !

Archived