Mismatch in document birth date and birth certificate birth date

Roger987

Hi,
I am a US citizen. Got married to a girl (Indian citizen living in India) earlier this year and I applied for I-130 for her in Feb 2018. In the document list for I-130 there was no mention for beneficiary (her) birth certificate so I did not include it in the packet and I-130 got approved last month. Now we are currently waiting for our priority date to become current so they can start processing her case. I was reading in the list of documents to bring to CP interview, it says that birth certificate of the beneficiary is a required document. 

The issue is all her documents since her birth (school leaving certificate, college leaving certificate, state IDs, marriage certificate, passports) have a birthdate of July 10 and her actual birthdate on her birth certificate is July 16. Therefore all the documents that I submitted for her have the July 10th birthdate but her birth certificate has July 16th birthdate.

Will this mismatch in birthdates on the documents and the actual birth certificate be an issue during the CP interview? If yes, what can be done from my side to ensure that this issue does not cause a further delay. Is there a solution to this issue without changing the documents or the birth certificate? Maybe an affidavit of some sort or a notarized letter that can be provided without changing any documents.

Please assist. Thanks for all your help.

Begs the question, why is there a mismatch to begin with? And what not have had it corrected when first noticed? Of course the mismatch is going to be an issue and the solution is to fix the erroneous documents, esp the marriage certificate and passport. 

As the spouse of a USC, she does not have to wait for a visa to be available. After NVC processing is complete, her interview would be scheduled for an available slot at the Mumbai consulate.. probably sometime early next year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 8:13 PM, Provence said:

Begs the question, why is there a mismatch to begin with? And what not have had it corrected when first noticed? Of course the mismatch is going to be an issue and the solution is to fix the erroneous documents, esp the marriage certificate and passport. 

As the spouse of a USC, she does not have to wait for a visa to be available. After NVC processing is complete, her interview would be scheduled for an available slot at the Mumbai consulate.. probably sometime early next year. 

Mismatch occurred back in 1980s, so not sure why it happened. I did not get a chance to act on this till now. So any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Archived