E-1 & E-2 Treaty Trader/Investor Visas

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions E-1 & E-2 visa options.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hello team,

I'm an IT consultant and UK citizen. I didn't have much luck applying for H-1B for last 3 years. Looking at the E-2 option due to my current/previous experience in IT, would I be able to setup a small business (Non IT) with an investment of around 100k and then build it as I go.

What are the constraints for an E-2 visa?

Thanks in advance.

Kris

20 hours ago, Attorney_22 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions E-1 & E-2 visa options.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi , we are  h1b visa and filed my employer   E2  More than 8 years, waiting for adjustment of GC, and I am working more than 10 year in USA.  Now my spouse working in different company w2 on h4 ead for full time more than 3 years. They offered partner ship in the company. How can we invest money to adjust EB5 for my spouse.  What are the options to get investment GC for my spouse.  What kind of business partner ship will allow for this GC and what type of companies/ franchise are allowed to invite.

Thanks

Maye

On 7/6/2018 at 4:38 AM, Rockstar205 said:

Hello team,

I'm an IT consultant and UK citizen. I didn't have much luck applying for H-1B for last 3 years. Looking at the E-2 option due to my current/previous experience in IT, would I be able to setup a small business (Non IT) with an investment of around 100k and then build it as I go.

What are the constraints for an E-2 visa?

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Yes, this could be an option. $100k is typically sufficient for a strong case. You should schedule a consult with an attorney to discuss the details, but I suspect that this could work.

Archived