The processing of your case has been delayed for I-485

Hauppauge69

I-485 Receipt Date: 08/15/2007

Priority date: 11/22/2006

Applied at : NSC

As i am current now i have created a SR on 07/01/2011. Only 07/12/2011 I have received an email as a response to my SR as below.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

P.O. BOX 82521

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

LINCOLN,NE 68501

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Emailed to Deleted

Dear Deleted:

On 07/01/2011 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I485

Filing date:

-- 08/15/2007

Receipt #:

-- Deleted

Referral ID:

Deleted

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

-- Deleted

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

----------------------------

Any one please help me let know if it is a standard email or some thing to worry about? How long would it take to get my approval? Is there any thing i can do next to esculate the process?

Hi @ Hauppauge 69

i think some cases will delay because of background checks , name check , it takes few weeks to till 6 months time to clear No need to worry i guess.

Iam also in the same boat similar to you

My Details

PD - MAY 2006 (Still waiting....)

Type : EB2 (India)

Online Status: Initial Review

Raised a Service Request on June 1st and i got a mail saying that We Researched the status of this case However we have to perform additional review on this case and this caused a longer processing time.If you do not recieve a decision with in 6 months contact customer service

my wife got biometrics appointment last monday she gave FP on last monday

i dont know why they r taking too much long for approval

Iam very much worrying about my case

Thanks

Thanks

Archived