Indian Consulate Date Of Birth Proof for RFE to USCIS

RamKrishnan

Hi,

Have a RFE to produce non availability  of Birth Certificate with local government Letter head including reason and if similar record for the time and place are available.

Initially produced the affidavit (from Parent) indicating reason  of non registration of Birth and submitted to USCIS

Also given Marksheet (School 10th and 12 th Grade) which had Date of Birth to USCIS . After substitution got this RFE

I came to know recently that Indian Consulate in Newyork gives original Date of Birth on request (even if non registered with local government authority during birth time (in India city))

1.Is India Consulate @ NewYork "Date Of Birth Certificate" is accepted by USCIS    ? Looks like India Consulate @ Newyork provides  Original Date of Birth Certificate based on Passport Details (which is same as what i want) but this Date of Birth Certificate is not from local Municipal Government organization where I was born .. Hence looking for your advice if this document holds good for USCIS in such case of RFE ?

2. The Local Municipal registrar of India have a Standard Template for Non-Availability of  Date of Birth non registration.

Like the format of template,  will not contain reason why my birth was not registered (but that reason is already declared in my Affidavit from my father)  which will not come in Government letter (but RFE asks to put reason in same Government letter)

3. Also information expected from USCIS like "if same information for DOB for indicated time and place are available" will not come into government letter head.

Local authority (Municipal Office Birth recording office in INDIA) have particular format which they publish,  will not contain all information required by USCIS. Whats need to be done ? Please advice

Archived