H1b Visa Dropbox with Arrest Record

Hello,

I was arrested 4 years ago and the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. After that my H1 Visa got approved and got it stamped in India.  This year my H1b extension is approved and I am going to India for H1b stamping next month. I disclosed my arrest record in DS160 form always. But when I am scheduling an appointment,  it says I am eligible for dropbox. But I wanted to attend in person interview instead of Dropbox to avoid any delays or hassels.  Not sure how can I do that.  Anybody has any experiences of Dropbox with Arrest record?

Will there be any chance that they would issue H1b Visa without any problems?

Do I need to submit my Court disposed document also along with Dropbox documents?(even though its not asked)?

What are the chances that they would call for the interview again?  

Kindly reply if anybody  has in the same experiences?

let me know what is the original arrest.

Option 1:

Ds160 -after disclosing arrest record ,  specify   didn't   convicted  and case  dismissed    ( attached certified court certified copy for case dismissal)

Option 2:

for drop box eligibility  question give " NO"  based on that you will re direct to schedule a   interview (  not sure it will come under false info telling "NO" for drop box eligibility)

Note:

you can not avoid delay due to arrest ( for verification   will take 2-4 weeks  minimum  plan accordingly ). I heard  USCIS  has to send your details to  FBI a  to  verify any arrest   after case  dismissal. better take fbi criminal background check copy before going to interview. but  you may not avoid delay . 

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 9:30 AM, avr56801 said:

Can somebody please respond as its urgent... Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can you please update here what you've done. Did you go through Dropbox or attended in person interview. If you've attended In-person, how did you manage to get interview date based on dropbox eligibility page. I am travelling in next month and am eligible for dropbox but I had an arrest for DUI in 2016. Please let me know.

Guys- Please share your thoughts

Very much appreciated!! 

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2018 at 12:26 AM, avr56801 said:

Hello,

I was arrested 4 years ago and the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. After that my H1 Visa got approved and got it stamped in India.  This year my H1b extension is approved and I am going to India for H1b stamping next month. I disclosed my arrest record in DS160 form always. But when I am scheduling an appointment,  it says I am eligible for dropbox. But I wanted to attend in person interview instead of Dropbox to avoid any delays or hassels.  Not sure how can I do that.  Anybody has any experiences of Dropbox with Arrest record?

Will there be any chance that they would issue H1b Visa without any problems?

Do I need to submit my Court disposed document also along with Dropbox documents?(even though its not asked)?

What are the chances that they would call for the interview again?  

Kindly reply if anybody  has in the same experiences?

Hi - Can you please share your experience?  Did you go through Dropbox and if so what’s the result?  Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...