H1B transfer; H4 Re-entry of spouse on old valid visa

Recommended Posts

I am changing jobs through H-1B transfer. My spouse (H4) is currently in India and plans to come back after I have joined the new employer. 

1) Can my spouse travel on current visa which was issued by old employer (it is valid till July'18).

2) In most cases, H4 dependents are not asked for I-797. In case the Immigration officer asks for one, should spouse show old employer Receipt Notice or the one with new employer?

3) Can my spouse travel using the new H-1B Receipt Notice or is H-1B Approval Notice needed to enter the US?

Any help will be appreciated.

Link to comment

Thanks for your response. I need some clarification your 2nd answer. I am assuming you meant approval of H-1B Transfer petition or would my previous employer H-1B approval suffice ? The reason I ask this is because I am joining a new employer on receipt notice and do not expect the approval notice to come sometime soon. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.