I140 Status - Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration

AZGC

Hi,

My employer filed I140 for me under EB1 category on 11/29/2018. When i checked my status 2 weeks back, I saw following on USCIS site.

"On February 16, 2018, we reopened your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Receipt Number SRC**********, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

Can someone please help me understand what it means? My employer has not received the notice yet.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, vinodhts said:

I believe one of my friend got the same and then it was approved later. In fact he got the GC and I 140 status was still left like this. So probably you will get GC directly

Thanks for the response. I hope that is the case.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:15 PM, pontevecchio said:

Only the employers lawyer can help you understand. Only he knows the entire situation.

I raised query about it, but employer has not received any notice from USCIS. He suspects its wrong status and wants me to wait few more weeks.

• 2 months later...