H1B transfer and stamping

Recommended Posts

Hi I have an approved h1B petition and never went for stamping.I only have 797 C copy which was given by company A.

1.Is it mandatory to have 797 A/B copy to transfer the petition from Company A to B? Company B is not able to do the transfer without 797 A/B.I'm not getting I 797 A/B from company A.

2.The other option I'm thinking of is to go for stamping with documents given by company A.But if I get 221g, company A won't support it. In that case can I just withdraw visa application? In future if any other company is willing to transfer the petition, will that have any issues considering the fact that I got 221g earlier?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.TIA.

Link to comment

1. Receipt number should be good enough, But if you want the approval copy, you can also get it thru FOIA request?

Which company are you currently employed with? A/B/ or some other?

Is A's petition your initial H1B? And A might have already withdrawn the petition if A no longer needs you to fill the position for which H1B was filed.

Assuming you are out of USA,, B cannot file for your H1B transfer , which is a cap-exempt.


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.