Visitor Visa to In-law's

Stay_in_US

Hi All,

I am on H1 b visa, my husband's H1 to H4 is still under process.

I am planning to apply visitor visa to my in-law's. Can I send my in-laws to visa interview while his H4 under processing status.

Please share your valuable suggestion !

Awaiting for reply,

Thanks,

Swathi

10 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

they apply; you play no significant role in the process. Does not matter who invites, etc. They qualify based on their own merits, whatever they may be.

That couldn’t be any more misleading and uninformed.

Unless well educated, the applicants in this case can’t jump through the hoops of scoring an appointment which includes DS160, paying fee and then correlating it with the application.  DS160 can be filled out by anyone as long as it is declared on the last section of DS160 and the final submittal click is done by the applicants.

The parents who do not have financial means do not qualify on their own. They are qualified based on their children who is paying for the trip. There is an explicit question on the DS160 asking for the details of the person paying for the trip. And consulars do ask for paperwork of their children in USA. 

It does not matter how many theoretical paragraphs you write because actual recent B2 interview experiences of my own relatives at indian consulates speak otherwise.

For the benefit of current Indian B2 visa applicants: make sure to carry supporting financial docs of US family member. A minor exception seems to be for parents over age of 60.

Here's the kicker: just about an year ago, I was preaching against this same paperwork right here on this forum. You can dig up that post.

2 hours ago, cap-gap said:

It does not matter how many theoretical paragraphs you write because actual recent B2 interview experiences of my own relatives at indian consulates speak otherwise.

For the benefit of current Indian B2 visa applicants: make sure to carry supporting financial docs of US family member. A minor exception seems to be for parents over age of 60.

Here's the kicker: just about an year ago, I was preaching against this same paperwork right here on this forum. You can dig up that post.

So, that is one experience. Extrapolating from a data point of one to the general case is meaningless. If you did that in my job, big data analysis, you wouldn't last very long...

Sorry, had to chime in, but as a trained scientist, I always cringe when people use anecdotal experiences to make assumptions about the general case.

14 hours ago, JoeF said:

So, that is one experience. Extrapolating from a data point of one to the general case is meaningless. If you did that in my job, big data analysis, you wouldn't last very long...

Sorry, had to chime in, but as a trained scientist, I always cringe when people use anecdotal experiences to make assumptions about the general case.

You assumed that I’m talking on based on just one experience. Anyone works on assumptions like that would be disqualified from my profession which is regulated by licensing board.

1 hour ago, Noah Lott said:

Consular Officers never rely only on documents, although they may help support information you provide at the interview. 

I rest my case.

You should indeed rest your case based on the above and not mislead people on antiquated experience.

It clearly does NOT say that Consulars SHALL never demand any documentary proof or consulars are prohibited from demanding documents.

23 minutes ago, cap-gap said:

You assumed that I’m talking on based on just one experience. Anyone works on assumptions like that would be disqualified from my profession which is regulated by licensing board.

Even if it is a few, it is too small a sample size to draw conclusions from.

Or is your family so big that you have 100s or 1000s of examples?

Archived