H1B Stamping - Company is acquired and Company name changed

h1b-rollercoaster

Hi

I have a H1B visa and work full time for Company A (this is not a consulting company).

Company  A is acquired by Company B and company name is now changed to 'AB'.

Now I plan to go to India. Since the company name changed, what do I need to do to prevent from getting any queries during the visa stamping process in India.

Thanks

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, h1b-rollercoaster said:

I can check with HR about the successor in interest document.

But is there a need for "Amendment with updated company name on your 797"?

Has anyone here done this?

No need for amendment, just carry the name change related document and all other document like paystub or W2 which can prove your employment with the company bears the new name.

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 5:46 PM, h1b-rollercoaster said:

Hi

I have a H1B visa and work full time for Company A (this is not a consulting company).

Company  A is acquired by Company B and company name is now changed to 'AB'.

Now I plan to go to India. Since the company name changed, what do I need to do to prevent from getting any queries during the visa stamping process in India.

Thanks

Do you have an update on this matter? I'm in the same situation planning on going to Canada for h1-b stamping 

On 5/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, vicktoks said:

Do you have an update on this matter? I'm in the same situation planning on going to Canada for h1-b stamping 

Just get the  successor in interest document. No need to update I797.

Btw... although I'm FTE I got a 221g - Admin Processing during my visa stamping. Waited for about 4 weeks, for status to be changed to "issued".

Not to scare you, but just be prepared. Best of luck.

Archived