RFE on OPT EAD applicaton

ronnyme77

Hi,

I had applied for OPT EAD card and my receipt date is Nov 13, 2017. On Feb 12, 2018 I received a notification from USCIS for Request for Initial Evidence. I got the RFE in mail and it was that I selected the wrong eligibility criteria. The letter stated that the processing clock will stop and will resume once USCIS receives my the additonal evidence required. I sent my response and USCIS received it on Feb 20, 2018. I even opened up a service request and they replied that my case is with USCIS officer and they will reply in 30 days. There is no change in the status of my application. It is with Potomac Service Center. I spoke to level 2 officer and they advised that they can not expedite my case as it is already with an officer. I have a job offer in hand and I will loose it if I dont get the OPT card.

What are my options here? Please advise asap.

My husband has an approved I140 can file for H4 EAD. If he files for an H1B amendment in premium processing can he add on H4EAD card, if yes is USCIS approving EAD card in H1 + h4 premium processing mode? 

Please advise asap. attached is the RFE information.IMG_0931.thumb.jpg.2dcb190fe915154227beaa403568f682.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived