How to assure Employer is E-Verified

ankur.patel

Hello, 

I my wife is currently in OPT EAD extension period.  She is been recently getting interviewed for fulltime position with a very small company and we think she will be offered the job position. 

We tried to search the company name on E-verify search tool provided by USCIS, but company name does not show up. She did ask this question to the HR involved in interview process whether company is e-verified and HR did confirmed that company is e-verified.  Also the company is ready to provide the sponsorship, in thid case also i believe my wife would be the first immigrant they will be hiring who will need visa sponsor. 

So we are confuse on how to confirm if the company is e-verified and it's ok for her to take the job if offered considering she is on OPT.  Any suggestion would help us  or is it OK to take the word of a HR. 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, ankur.patel said:

Hello, 

I my wife is currently in OPT EAD extension period.  She is been recently getting interviewed for fulltime position with a very small company and we think she will be offered the job position. 

We tried to search the company name on E-verify search tool provided by USCIS, but company name does not show up. She did ask this question to the HR involved in interview process whether company is e-verified and HR did confirmed that company is e-verified.  Also the company is ready to provide the sponsorship, in thid case also i believe my wife would be the first immigrant they will be hiring who will need visa sponsor. 

So we are confuse on how to confirm if the company is e-verified and it's ok for her to take the job if offered considering she is on OPT.  Any suggestion would help us  or is it OK to take the word of a HR. 

Ask them to provide e-verify number. It should be a 6 digit number.

Archived