221(g) - PIMS dates issue, please help !!!!

Maverick1005

Hi All,

My H1 petition got approved on Jan 30th this year when I was in US. I flew out of the US for some work to Sydney, Australia and I appeared for my visa stamping in Sydney on Feb 26th. The visa officer asked me some very basic H1 questions and then told me that the dates in the PIMS system does not match the date on my 797 approval notice. He issued me a yellow 221(g) on which "petition dates" is written next to LCA document. He also told me that there is no action to be taken from my side and that they will send me an email in couple of days after verifying the dates. He kept my passport as well.

Currently, the status of my application says "Admin Processing". I have following questions, request everyone to please help:

1) Has anyone else has faced this problem during stamping?

2) How much time it usually takes to get the PIMS dates issue to get resolved?

3) Does it mean that the visa has been approved but they just need to verify the dates?

Please help me as I am in a lot of stress due to this situation.

6 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Usually about 4-5 business days while they contact the relevant Office in Kentucky and get the facts. A salutary lesson about the dangers of getting a H1 visa stamp in distant lands. You should be able to get your visa next week.

Thanks for your response, I hope they issue me a visa however they did not ask me many questions about my petition itself.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:32 AM, Maverick1005 said:

Hi All,

My H1 petition got approved on Jan 30th this year when I was in US. I flew out of the US for some work to Sydney, Australia and I appeared for my visa stamping in Sydney on Feb 26th. The visa officer asked me some very basic H1 questions and then told me that the dates in the PIMS system does not match the date on my 797 approval notice. He issued me a yellow 221(g) on which "petition dates" is written next to LCA document. He also told me that there is no action to be taken from my side and that they will send me an email in couple of days after verifying the dates. He kept my passport as well.

Currently, the status of my application says "Admin Processing". I have following questions, request everyone to please help:

1) Has anyone else has faced this problem during stamping? I would say its not very uncommon situation and lot folks had such issues.

2) How much time it usually takes to get the PIMS dates issue to get resolved? Normally from 3 days to a week, but may go beyond

3) Does it mean that the visa has been approved but they just need to verify the dates? almost true what you said.

Please help me as I am in a lot of stress due to this situation.

No need to panic it is very common situation with no issues to your visa, it happens some time in data entry mismatch between two systems.

On 2/27/2018 at 7:22 AM, asikka said:

No need to worry it did happen to me where my I797 date did not match the date in their system, it took 1 extra day in my case 

Thank you for the response. Did the visa officer ask you questions regarding your petition and job? I am asking because he did not ask me much, infact nothing regarding the current petition.

Archived