H1B Petitions

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding H1B petition filings.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hello Attorney, Please help me with the below question.

Please help me get some inputs on below scenario:

While I am currently on H1B, can the same or new employer file another H1B for cap FY 2019?

1. If a new or same employer files for it, can they have my current work location as intended work location?

The situation needs a new H1B cap subject petition, hence trying to find options

21 hours ago, NotAnAttorney said:

Hello Attorney, Please help me with the below question.

Please help me get some inputs on below scenario:

While I am currently on H1B, can the same or new employer file another H1B for cap FY 2019?

1. If a new or same employer files for it, can they have my current work location as intended work location?

The situation needs a new H1B cap subject petition, hence trying to find options

It is highly advisable to call our office to discuss your situation.  

• 1 month later...

Hi. My current petition is valid until August 2019. Last year i had to travel for a short term (6 weeks) project for which my employer had filed Amendment. Based on the receipt number i had traveled for the project and came back to the same location where i was earlier located. I continued to work for another project in my original location. In my LCA, my employer gave 2 location while filing the Amendment (original as well as the new location). 

I got RFE now for the 6 weeks project location. My employer needs to respond back based on the project that i am currently working on. Please confirm if this Amendment gets rejected can the original petition be still valid (that is until August 2019).

On 4/3/2018 at 8:38 PM, Nim1234 said:

Hi. My current petition is valid until August 2019. Last year i had to travel for a short term (6 weeks) project for which my employer had filed Amendment. Based on the receipt number i had traveled for the project and came back to the same location where i was earlier located. I continued to work for another project in my original location. In my LCA, my employer gave 2 location while filing the Amendment (original as well as the new location). 

I got RFE now for the 6 weeks project location. My employer needs to respond back based on the project that i am currently working on. Please confirm if this Amendment gets rejected can the original petition be still valid (that is until August 2019).

It is advisable to call our office to discuss this issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I work full-time for a consulting company and my first H1 was approved for dates 10/01/2016 - 09/04/2019 with a client in Chicago. In September 2017 I got a new project in Maryland and my amendment was approved for dates 03/31/2017 - 03/30/2018. In March 2018 I filed for H1 extension and unfortunately my project is getting over and I got an RFE on the extension petition. Here are my two questions

1.     Can I find a new project and file a new extension with the current employer.

2.     Can I go back and work at the previous location in Chicago for another client, where I have an approved H1B petition till September 2019.

Thank you

Hello,

I am on H1B and approved I-140. My extension last year was approved until 2020 (I-94 validity), this year my company filed for location change amendment that got denied and refiled. I need to travel to travel to India on a business trip for 15 days, I am planning to get visa stamped (current stamp is valid until Sep 2018) with approved I-797. I am with the same employer for almost 13 years. Can you please guide me should I go for visa stamping or return back with current stamp which is valid until Sep 2018?

Thanks

Archived