Anticipated problems in green card process by revising the job description

harimech13

I was recruited for a XYZ company as a Quality Engineer during 2013 and my company filed for my H1b with a job description (say example Rev 1).

In 2016 my company filed for my H1B extension with an upgraded job description, Rev 2 but still under the same title “Quality Engineer”

In 2018 my company applied for my green card and the first step of the process is Prevailing Wage Determination (PWD) and in this step my company again made minor upgrades to the job description, Rev 3 (but still under the same title “Quality Engineer”) and submitted. As a result, the Minimum prevailing wage came out of the determination process was more than 30% of my current salary and it was identified as a level 4 job during PWD.

Note: My currently salary is 15 % more than what I got before 5 years (i.e., when I got recruited for this position).

Now, my company is planning to revise the job description Rev 4, which will meet Level 2 or 3 in PWD, which will look similar to Rev 1 in which I was recruited for. (Note: Rev 4 it is not the exact same Job description like Rev 1 as they lost Rev 1 over a period of time). Now they are planning to submit the revised (Rev4) job description for redetermination of prevailing wage or make it as a new application with this Rev 4 job description but still under the same title “Quality Engineer”.

My question is,

What kind of problems will I have during this entire green card process? Will my application go through the audit/ get rejected when we submit my application for Perm because Rev 4 job description (a level 2 prevailing wage) will not be as the job description Rev 2 (Level 4 prevailing wage) submitted during my H1B extension in 2016?

FYI: I am not performing any supervisory activities.

Example of the changes what we made on rev 4 is shown below

Rev 2 job description: (Level 4)

·        Directly support and/or lead xxxxx activities, communication with customers and coordination of project activities from quoting through SORP.

·        Coordinate with Operations to lead and direct associates on quality standards

·        5 years of experience with Bachelors deg.

Rev 4 job description: (possibly level 2 or 3)

·        Facilitate XXX activities and including coordination with tooling vendors, communication with customers and coordination of project activities.

·        Facilitate problem resolutions (including customer & internal issues) using problem solving methods to determine root cause, implement corrective & preventive actions and improve processes.

·        Update Control Plans for on-going process improvements and corrective actions

·        3 years of experience with Bachelors deg.

Archived