Petition for Consular Notification Information

Manoj2525

Hi,

I was on H1b Visa from Dec 25 2011 to Nov 24 2017; I never traveled back to India . I spent all 5 years 11 month in USA. My I94 was expiring on 12/24/2017 and maxout was also same.

My I140 was approved somewhere Nov 5th 2017. My H1b extension was also going on during month on November 2017. On Nov 24th 2017, I traveled to India for very urgent family emergency . So when I reached India I converted my H1b extesion to premium from regular. After converting to premium it got RFE. So my employer responded to RFE . but unfortunately my H1b extension got denied.Dont know reason as employer is not reveling the reason.

But now employer is saying they will petition for "Consular Notification"  as I am currently out of USA and my I94 is expired. 

Please let me know 

1. what does this mean that they going to file petition for "Consular Notification" ? 2. In what scenario employer will go for "Consular Notification" petition? 

3. How much time does it take to get approval once petition is filed for "Consular Notification"

4. Please let me know on what basis my employer is going for this option?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, Manoj2525 said:

Hi,

I was on H1b Visa from Dec 25 2011 to Nov 24 2017; I never traveled back to India . I spent all 5 years 11 month in USA. My I94 was expiring on 12/24/2017 and maxout was also same.

My I140 was approved somewhere Nov 5th 2017. My H1b extension was also going on during month on November 2017. On Nov 24th 2017, I traveled to India for very urgent family emergency . So when I reached India I converted my H1b extesion to premium from regular. After converting to premium it got RFE. So my employer responded to RFE . but unfortunately my H1b extension got denied.Dont know reason as employer is not reveling the reason.

But now employer is saying they will petition for "Consular Notification"  as I am currently out of USA and my I94 is expired. 

Please let me know 

1. what does this mean that they going to file petition for "Consular Notification" ? 2. In what scenario employer will go for "Consular Notification" petition? 

3. How much time does it take to get approval once petition is filed for "Consular Notification"

4. Please let me know on what basis my employer is going for this option?

Hello,

did you get any update from employer?

What was the reason for denia

Can you please share an update about case, it will be very helpful.

Archived