H4 Rejected twice need guidance

gugandhar

My H4 application got rejected twice, Since I got married to my uncle(mom's maternal brother). As there are states which does not allow this marriage in US. Please help me or let me know the eligible states where they allow first cousin marriage  and legally there will not be any issues. I am trying hard to get my spouse on H4. It would be great if some one would help on this regard ASAP.

IT is illogical to throw an irrelevant fact while answering a serious question. There are many facts involved. Why was discretion not the better part of valor when informing the consulate of the facts of the case? The OP needs to first get clarification from an Indian Lawyer that the two concerned belong to the very small section of people in whom Uncle Niece Marriage is legal in India, the vast majority being illegal. Then he can approach an Immigration Lawyer in the USA for further clarification. If one wants to break societal norms, one has sometimes to pay the piper.

No value judgement is being exercised in this reply. But one cannot expect another country not to exercise the valid laws existing at this time. It could turn out that you can marry your niece, but cannot have an expectation of getting Immigration benefits elsewhere. I do sympathize with the predicament. How did the consulate know about your relationship?

On 2/15/2018 at 0:36 PM, gugandhar said:

My H4 application got rejected twice, Since I got married to my uncle(mom's maternal brother). As there are states which does not allow this marriage in US. Please help me or let me know the eligible states where they allow first cousin marriage  and legally there will not be any issues. I am trying hard to get my spouse on H4. It would be great if some one would help on this regard ASAP.

Hi , I am also facing the same Issue.  My wife also got the 221g for this. Please let me know if you found any solution for this.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, directory0818 said:

In usa 2 mens are getting married legally. You are in a much better relationship.

I think you still need to dig deep into ur h4 case and find out the exact reason why it got denied.

Completely irrelevant to the situation discussed here. Homophobia is bad. We are not in the 19th Century anymore.

There are valid genetic reasons to not allow marriage among close relatives, with birth defects of children from such marriages being much more likely.

I suggest reading up on that before posting some homophobic stuff.

Archived