Change of status F2-F1 from US without going to home country.


Recommended Posts


I am currently in the US on f-2 visa and wish to get converted to f-1 visa. I have already gained admission to University of Illinois as well as Wilmington University. I have the following doubts regarding applying for change of status:

1. Is it better for me to apply for change of status from US than applying for the same from my home country?

2. Is there a chance of my f-2 getting cancelled along with f-1 denial.

3. Will there be any difference in the chance of visa approval in accordance with the university i choose, as one in a public university and the other private?

4. My husband is currently employed under opt, can i show his monthly income as source for the funds needed for my higher studies.

5. My husband will be applying for his h1 visa this year, will it affect my chances of f1 visa approval as it negates nonimmigrant intent?


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.