Questions for N400 form

Recommended Posts

Hello ,

We (me and my husband) are in process of filing our citizenship form and we have a question about the Name change section in the form. 

1. We selected "yes" for my legal name change since before marriage my surname was different. Did we do this right?

2. We selected "yes" for my name change since my maiden name was different before marriage (surname). Did we do this right?

3. Since we have selected yes for the name change section, they need some legal document as proof for the change of name. In that case will the marriage certificate and my (wife) passport (with spouse name) suffice the requirement?


Kindly let us know



Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.