Regarding Continuous Residence & Citizenship application


Recommended Posts

In 2015 she was out of country for 157 days - 5 months 6 days (Trip 1) and 133 days - 4 months 10 days (Trip 2). Total number of days out of country was 290 days (9 months). 

In M476, it states:

What if I was outside the United States between 6 and 12 months?

If you leave the United States for more than 6 months, but less than 1 year, you have broken or disrupted your continuous residence 

My question was, within 1 year, my wife was outside the country for 290 days(9 months), but not continuously. 

In this situation is she eligible?


Link to comment
  • 10 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.