Forgot to file H4 Extension to kid


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ARG04 said:

I forgot to file H4 extension for my 2 year old kid which expired on August 3rd 2017. I found that yesterday (February 6th 2018) when I'm trying to organize documents for my tax filing, Please suggest what is the best thing do right now?

I really appreciate any help!

Thank you

what about spouse?. Did u apply on time?. If so, how did you forget for kid?

Link to comment

"9 FAM 40.92 N4.1 Minors

(CT: VISA -1741; 10-13-2011)

Any period of time that an alien spends unlawfully in the United States while under
the age of 18 would not count toward calculating the accrual of unlawful presence
for purposes of INA 212(a)(9)(B)."


Get in touch with your lawyer and have him do whatever paper work is required. "Nunc pro tunc" may be one solution. Anyway let the lawyer guide you.


Link to comment
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.