Getting married in the U.S being on an H1B visa with my gf visting U.S on a tourist visa

Recommended Posts


I am currently on an H1B visa, with stamping completion. My girlfriend is in India and we were planning to get married in India, apply for H4 dependent visa and then travel to the US. Due to personal reasons, we cannot get married in India. 

Is it possible and recommended that she travels to the US on a tourist visa and we get married here and then convert her visa from a tourist visa to a dependent H4 visa. 

Any information and recommendation is appreciated. 

Thank you 


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.