Hard ship waiver

Waitingfor

On 9/29/2018 at 11:18 PM, J12018 said:

Congrats!!! Great news!

still waiting on mine... how fast did website updated your status?

looking back at forum it took few weeks.

Thank you! Hope you can hear about your case soon too. DOS showed favorable recommendation on September 18th and I got the letter from DOS on 21th. And I received another letter (I-797) from USCIS today. Good luck with your case bro!

Edited by J1_Waiver_2018
wording
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/30/2018 at 6:40 PM, Hardship593 said:

Is there anybody who filed I-612 (hardship) to USCIS on September 2017 or after? Please share your timeline. 

Hey Hardship593,

This is my timeline:

Late August 2017: Received by USCIS .

July 2018: Case on hold by USCIS

August 2018: Received by DoS

It has been two months since DoS received my case. Any updates on other cases?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, J1_Waiver_2018 said:

Thank you! Hope you can hear about your case soon too. DOS showed favorable recommendation on September 18th and I got the letter from DOS on 21th. And I received another letter (I-797) from USCIS today. Good luck with your case bro!

Hi. Got fav rec November 6. Took full 6 months since DOS received case. Now waiting for USCIS again.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 12:32 PM, Hardship593 said:

Congrats patience17! When did DOS receive your application (mm/dd)? and what was type of your waiver (hardship or persecution)?

DOS has received mine on Sep. 23 and still pending!

Thanks

Hardship593, 

Thanks!. DoS received mine on 08/27. it was hardship. Hope you hear about yours soon.

Edited by patience17
-
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 1:17 PM, J1Tired said:

Hi here is my timeline

applied for hardship waiver: October 2017

RFE: August 2018

I-612/613 sent to DOS: Nov 20, 2018

I am so exhausted as my husbands visa expires next week.  Still no response.  Reached out to congressman did not do anything :(

Hi J1TIRED,

What did they ask for in your RFE? 

I am submitting my waiver application next week.  Just wondering what they are usually send out in the RFE.  Maybe I can save some processing time by sending them what they will be looking for in the RFE now with my application.  Thank you very much.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:24 AM, J1-hardship said:

Hi J1TIRED,

What did they ask for in your RFE? 

I am submitting my waiver application next week.  Just wondering what they are usually send out in the RFE.  Maybe I can save some processing time by sending them what they will be looking for in the RFE now with my application.  Thank you very much.

Every case is different. Every RFE is different. It depends on your case and your hardships. That being said, the RFE would be something such as a request for additional 'updated' documents. Or request for more evidence to be provided to the USCIS. They'll give you typically 90 days to prepare and mail your RFE package.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, J1Tired said:

Hi here is my timeline

applied for hardship waiver: October 2017

RFE: August 2018

I-612/613 sent to DOS: Nov 20, 2018

I am so exhausted as my husbands visa expires next week.  Still no response.  Reached out to congressman did not do anything 😞

Forget about it now, our luck is very bad. The whole government is shut down and not working. I wonder if the DOS Hardships Review Division are not working too. Does anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, patience17 said:

Hardship593, 

Thanks!. DoS received mine on 08/27. it was hardship. Hope you hear about yours soon.

Hi Patience17,

I finally received favorable recommendation from DOS after 4 months. How long did it take for you to get the approval notice after DOS sent their recommendation to USCIS?

thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, Hard_J1 said:

USCIS sent my hardship application to DOS for an advisory opinion. My I612/613 was received by the DOS on February 7th 2019. It is still pending. I appreciate people sharing their timeline so that we are aware of the processing time at the DOS. Thank you and good luck everyone

Mine was received by DOS on 3rd January and its still pending. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2019 at 11:26 AM, Hardship593 said:

Yes, I received it 4 months ago. Good luck with yours.

Thats great, good luck to you for your future endeavor and thank you very much fir the reply.How long did it take for you to get the I797 from USCIS after getting fav rec from DOS. its been 1 month for me and I am getting worried now. 

Edited by J1 hardship 001

Hi I'm J1 visa physician applying for exceptional hardship waiver. Timeline

USCIS received I-612 on june/2018

DOS received DS-3050 on jul/2018

USCIS RFE on 03/2019

documents sent on 04/23/2019

USCIS put case on hold 06/20/2019

DOS received I-612/I-613/letter of need 07/10/2019.

Lawyer explained USCIS status may not be updated frequently so it may take some weeks to show updated information, in my experience USCIS case on hold was shown same date(06/20/2019).

Lawyer also explained DOS may take 3-4 months to take a decision.

you can call USCIS to speak with someone in particular express your concern and then receive a mail regarding your concern; DOS I reached them trough mail, initially you get an informative email(not specific with your concern). but later someone will reach you and likely answering your initial questions.

Capture.PNG

Edited by J1MDhardship