• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Waitingfor said:

Hi, applican23

My waiver was Hardship, uscis received it at 6/6/2017

Hey Waitingfor,

very happy for you! Forgive me, I am confused, you said it took you 2 years from start to finish but you applied last year, wouldn't be 1 year then? If you don't mind answering, when did USICS send your file to DOS? Mine is based on persecution, I am assuming mine will take much longer. Nevertheless, happy that your wait is over, must have been very tiring for you

11 hours ago, Power said:

Hi waiting for

got favorable rec on 5/18. No update on uscis and no letter received. How long did it take for u to see update and get Lester from dos and uscis . Do I need to contact anyone 

Ideally by this time you should have received I-797 notice of approval via mail. You can call USCIS and find out or open an enquiry. If you applied for hardship via an attorney, USCIS sends I-797 to them. Regardless, you must receive a letter via mail stating approval of your hardship waiver from USCIS. 

Edited by Patiencemed
13 hours ago, Power said:

Hi waiting for

got favorable rec on 5/18. No update on uscis and no letter received. How long did it take for u to see update and get Lester from dos and uscis . Do I need to contact anyone 

Hi, Power, 

for me, its 9 days from the REC sent to see the approval on uscis web site, and another 8-9 days to get the mail. You dont need to do anything but 

keep waiting, it will be soon. 

4 hours ago, applicant23 said:

Hey Waitingfor,

very happy for you! Forgive me, I am confused, you said it took you 2 years from start to finish but you applied last year, wouldn't be 1 year then? If you don't mind answering, when did USICS send your file to DOS? Mine is based on persecution, I am assuming mine will take much longer. Nevertheless, happy that your wait is over, must have been very tiring for you

Hi, applican23, 

Yes, its 2 years, first is the I 130, send it out at 7/6/2016, then got approval at the end of DEC 2016. Then sent the 3025 etc to DOS around march 

2017 and I 612 to USCIS at 6/6/2017, USCIS send my file to DOS at 01/26/2018, got fav rec from DOS at 05/15/2018. 

Now im going to file for EAD and GC, endless waiting in front of me, its a long way. But at least it move forward. 

As far as I know, the persecution time is vary, some cases could be very quick( in 3 months, everything done) , and some take long time, 

just be patience, it will pay back. 

23 hours ago, Waitingfor said:

Hi, applican23, 

Yes, its 2 years, first is the I 130, send it out at 7/6/2016, then got approval at the end of DEC 2016. Then sent the 3025 etc to DOS around march 

2017 and I 612 to USCIS at 6/6/2017, USCIS send my file to DOS at 01/26/2018, got fav rec from DOS at 05/15/2018. 

Now im going to file for EAD and GC, endless waiting in front of me, its a long way. But at least it move forward. 

As far as I know, the persecution time is vary, some cases could be very quick( in 3 months, everything done) , and some take long time, 

just be patience, it will pay back. 

I see, my bad. Yeah more waiting for you in the future for sure, but nothing will compare to this J1 waiver curse honestly. Good luck and best wishes to you

Hey guys, my timeline:

06/13/17uscis received my i612 case

06/27/17: dos receive ds3035 and fee and g28 etc

02/08/18: case on hold. Fowarded for a second opinion (DOS)

DOS still pening. My concern is that it still does not show i612/623 received in the list. I still see only see as teceived  ds3035, fee, g28, ds2019 and passport page.

did someone experience the same thing? Any thoughts? Any advise. Its been almost a year since uscis received my application!

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, Patiencemed said:

Ideally by this time you should have received I-797 notice of approval via mail. You can call USCIS and find out or open an enquiry. If you applied for hardship via an attorney, USCIS sends I-797 to them. Regardless, you must receive a letter via mail stating approval of your hardship waiver from USCIS. 

Hi PatienceMed, 

I have got favorable recommendation from DoS and waiting for USCIS approval letter now. Can you please guide about next steps? My attorney said he will now file H1B and once H1B is approved I will have to go out of USA to get my H1B stamped? Is it possible to start the job on new H1B without going out of USA?

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 2:29 PM, J12018 said:

Did anyone hear back from DOS this summer?

I612/I613 received by DOS May 09, 2018 and nothing since then. Contacted Congressman - his office sent two e-mails on my behalf, but standard reply. Wait is over 3 months already.

Hi J12010,

I am on the same boat with you. I612/I613 received on May 9th, 2018. I did not contact with a congressman. I was wondering if that would help? Hope we can hear from DOS soon.

17 hours ago, J1_Waiver_2018 said:

Hi J12010,

I am on the same boat with you. I612/I613 received on May 9th, 2018. I did not contact with a congressman. I was wondering if that would help? Hope we can hear from DOS soon.

Just looking back at the forum some people thought congressmen helped, but it may be just a coincidence. My reply sounded very standard - "will be reviewed as soon as possible".  Waiting...

On 6/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, Waivermed said:

Hey guys, my timeline:

06/13/17uscis received my i612 case

06/27/17: dos receive ds3035 and fee and g28 etc

02/08/18: case on hold. Fowarded for a second opinion (DOS)

DOS still pening. My concern is that it still does not show i612/623 received in the list. I still see only see as teceived  ds3035, fee, g28, ds2019 and passport page.

did someone experience the same thing? Any thoughts? Any advise. Its been almost a year since uscis received my application!

I am in the same situation. Said case on hold pending second opinion. No 612/613 received by DOS. 

tried to escalate with USCIS, they said they are pending opinion from DOS. Emailed DOS, they said they are waiting on 612/613 from USCIS. called USCIS, they keep telling me they don’t have to send anything to DOS and an officer will make a decision on my case. No idea what to do... been pending for almost 14 months now. 

Hi patience17,

USCIS received my case 7/2017, RFE 2/2018, Case went to DOS 5/2018, no change since then.

You should log in to DOS and check status there. My USCIS profile wasn't updated since 2/2018, but DOS says that I612/613 received. Maybe they sent your case DOS , but didn't update USCIS status.

3 hours ago, J12018 said:

Hi patience17,

USCIS received my case 7/2017, RFE 2/2018, Case went to DOS 5/2018, no change since then.

You should log in to DOS and check status there. My USCIS profile wasn't updated since 2/2018, but DOS says that I612/613 received. Maybe they sent your case DOS , but didn't update USCIS status.

Hi J12018, 

Thanks for your advice and info. I just emailed DoS and USCIS to see if they have any updates. I was trying to check my application status in the DoS website, however I don't have a case number. Is a new case number for DoS generated when they receive your case? I tried using my receipt number (from USCIS), however the website did not report anything. 

Thanks

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, patience17 said:

Hi J12018, 

Thanks for your advice and info. I just emailed DoS and USCIS to see if they have any updates. I was trying to check my application status in the DoS website, however I don't have a case number. Is a new case number for DoS generated when they receive your case? I tried using my receipt number (from USCIS), however the website did not report anything. 

Thanks

To my understanding you get DOS case number with DS 3035 submission.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 8:54 AM, J12018 said:

Just looking back at the forum some people thought congressmen helped, but it may be just a coincidence. My reply sounded very standard - "will be reviewed as soon as possible".  Waiting...

Hi there, 

I received favorable recommendation from DOS on 09/18/2018. I hope you also received it. I believe that the next step is to get a letter from USCIS via mail. Do you know how long it takes USCIS to mail the letter? Thanks.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:10 PM, J1_Waiver_2018 said:

Hi there, 

I received favorable recommendation from DOS on 09/18/2018. I hope you also received it. I believe that the next step is to get a letter from USCIS via mail. Do you know how long it takes USCIS to mail the letter? Thanks.

Congrats!!! Great news!

still waiting on mine... how fast did website updated your status?

looking back at forum it took few weeks.

12 hours ago, Hardship593 said:

Is there anybody who filed I-612 (hardship) to USCIS on September 2017 or after? Please share your timeline. 

I612 based on persecution:

My timeline below:

11/9/2017 case received by uscis

7/9/2018 RFE issued

8/2/2018 RFE response received and since then i am waiting 

Good luck for everyone