• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Waitingfor said:

Congratulations! hardshipwaiver!

Thanks a lot. I tired everything to contact with DOS and asking for a quick review, emailed them, faxed them, asked my layer and our congressman to help me. Even though my case was not processed that quickly, I used all the methods I can use. Good luck to everyone!  

Edited by hardshipwaiver
delete one word
20 hours ago, Patiencemed said:

Hardshipwaiver, congratulations!!!

were you satisfied with the help you received from the congressman? Did they make phone calls on your behalf and update you timely? 

well, actually one person in congressman's office took over my case and sent an inquiry to DOS,  then in a week I got favorable recommendation from DOS. I am not quite sure whether the inquiry worked or not but anyway I assume it might be helpful.    

1 hour ago, hardshipwaiver said:

well, actually one person in congressman's office took over my case and sent an inquiry to DOS,  then in a week I got favorable recommendation from DOS. I am not quite sure whether the inquiry worked or not but anyway I assume it might be helpful.    

Thank you for your response. All the best for your future! 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Patiencemed said:

Below is my timeline. I recommend contacting the congressman/senator for help if your status is pending beyond normal processing time. 

CD2ADA8C-E334-4EF0-9F45-7F508AFCF714.jpeg

Congrats.  Your wait is over. Are you a  Ji Physician ? do you know if a Ji physician requires a  sponsor view or not? thanks for sharing ur timeline. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, Patiencemed said:

Yes, I am a J-1 physician and we don’t need sponsor views. I think it’s  required for full bright scholars. 

I am also a J1 physician and my letter of need reached DoS on March 15. Can you suggest how long to wait before contacting senator/congressman?

11 hours ago, J1 doc said:

I am also a J1 physician and my letter of need reached DoS on March 15. Can you suggest how long to wait before contacting senator/congressman?

Hi, based on what I have read on other forums, DOS can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 3 months to process hardship application. If your application is pending past 3 months, you can go ahead and approach the govt for help. If you approach them prematurely, DOS can say your case is still processing given it’s within the “normal processing time”. So I would use it as a Hail Mary when nothing else works.