Travel while in change of status application is pending with USCIS


Recommended Posts

Hi, I am currently on OPT Extension(till 2019 Dec). I applied for H1B(change of status) on April 2017, received RFE on July 2017, RFE response is submitted in OCT 2017. Now received second RFE on Feb 1st 2018. My consultancy/Laywer is yet to receive physical copy of what is second RFE.  Due date to submit response is Mar 03.

I am not asking anything particular to my current cast. In general like these situations, I have to travel now to India, what are my available options ?

If I travel in F1(OPT) and come back in F1(OPT) like before RFE response. But if change if status application will be abandoned but H1 application will be processed.

      a. If in case that gets approved  after i come back i have to go outside of US and get stamping(consular processing) done to continue my employment with current employer. Do i need to update my recent I94 with USCIS?

      b. If my case is approved when i am in India. Will there be any issues if i try to come back on OPT?

      c. Will there be any situation of considering my case as immigration Intent for current H1B or Next year H1B application.


If needed, My initial RFE is on Level1 wage, speciality occupation, Location query, client and vendor letters. No client letter submitted in RFE response, only vendor PO copy or some document is submitted.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.