H4 EAD and State Employment

Recommended Posts


My wife is working in State office with H4-EAD status which is valid till 5/2018 as my H1B as well. If I change my employer and start new Labor and I140 with my new employer what will happen to her H4-EAD? 

Can I apply H4-EAD renewal along with H1B-transfer? If so, can I include the existing I-140 proof as support document? Will it be acceptable?

If I am not allowed to apply for H4-EAD renewal along with H1B transfer, what will happen to her H4 EAD till I get Labor and I140 approved from my new employer? Can she work post 5/2018 till I file H4- EAD renewal with new I-140?

Basically what is the advice to renew H4-EAD while applying H1B transfer. Do I file for H4-EAD renewal with existing employer set up and I-140 and get it extended first, then go for H1B transfer?

Thank you.




Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.