H1 change of status/ employer

Divya Behara

I received my first H1 in 2016 and got approved. It was valid until Oct 2017 and my contract got ended.  After discussion with my employer I have applied for change if status until I get a new job so I can applied for extension then with new job details.

Now I have applied for change of status to F2 (dependent on my husband visa - F1, he is studying Masters)  which is still pending.

My questions are:

1. Can I apply for extension once I get new job...? (any time limit)

2. I am looking for full time opportunity but I have applied for F2 (still pending), if i get a full time job : do I have to apply extension with my current employer, get it approved and then transferred to the client....OR .....can the client itself apply transfer and extension of my H1 ....?

Please let me know the options I have to go for full time opportunity with my H1 being at risk.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

That means once I get a job ANY employer can apply my h1 extension which includes transfer from my current employer along with extension but I won’t be able to work until approval.

Once approved I’ll have to leave US and return on h1. Please correct me if I am wrong.

also other question is...

my f2 application is still pending (submitted on Oct 17, 2017) so any employer can use the f2 receipt number and apply for change of status to h1....?

please let me know any issues.

Thanks

Divya

Archived