Successful H1/H4 Stamping Calgary Canada

Hello,

Our H1/H4 visa got approved in Calgary on Jan 18th  and collected the passports from the post office on Jan 25th . This visit was for renewal and second time in Calgary. Fourth time H1 renewal.

The interview was at 8:00 am on Thursday  Jan 18th  and we took a Airbnb near the consulate in downtown walking distance from the Consulate. We  reached there at around 7:25 am at Rocky Mountain Plaza building. On the ground floor itself the front desk  checked our documents ( DS-160 confirmation page or Appointment confirmation) and latest one  2*2 photo.  After screening some personnel took a bunch of us in a line to 10th floor where the actual consulate is. 

On the first  window  they checked the documents again ( passport and I797 original). They put both the passports together and wrote down "NO PIMS" on back of my passport and gave it back to me. Next Window was finger printing and after that we were standing in queue to be called by the VO.

The Interview was a breeze few questions regarding job location, employer, education. For my spouse questions as to how many years we were married and her employment information ( H4 EAD ). After a few minutes of typing the VO mentioned that our visa's were approved and it would take 5-10 business days.

We took off to Banff for the weekend and spend time in and around Calgary. Got an email notification on Jan 24th that a tracking number has been created. Picked up the passport from Canada PO next day.

All the Best to all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, PositiveThinking said:

Hello,

Our H1/H4 visa got approved in Calgary on Jan 18th  and collected the passports from the post office on Jan 25th . This visit was for renewal and second time in Calgary. Fourth time H1 renewal.

The interview was at 8:00 am on Thursday  Jan 18th  and we took a Airbnb near the consulate in downtown walking distance from the Consulate. We  reached there at around 7:25 am at Rocky Mountain Plaza building. On the ground floor itself the front desk  checked our documents ( DS-160 confirmation page or Appointment confirmation) and latest one  2*2 photo.  After screening some personnel took a bunch of us in a line to 10th floor where the actual consulate is. 

On the first  window  they checked the documents again ( passport and I797 original). They put both the passports together and wrote down "NO PIMS" on back of my passport and gave it back to me. Next Window was finger printing and after that we were standing in queue to be called by the VO.

The Interview was a breeze few questions regarding job location, employer, education. For my spouse questions as to how many years we were married and her employment information ( H4 EAD ). After a few minutes of typing the VO mentioned that our visa's were approved and it would take 5-10 business days.

We took off to Banff for the weekend and spend time in and around Calgary. Got an email notification on Jan 24th that a tracking number has been created. Picked up the passport from Canada PO next day.

All the Best to all.

Do you need a 2 separate appointments for H1B and H4?