need help regarding h4 to F1 COS


Recommended Posts

I have applied for the COS in Sep 2017. 
EAC1790XXXXXX 

It went to VSC. I will be done with my course by June 2018. As I have the quarter system and can go for stamping in march 2018 with new I-20. 

Can anyone please answer the below queries:- 

1) Should I withdraw the COS application (mandatory by university) and then try for stamping or do I have any hope on getting the F1 approval till May 2018? 

2) If F1 - COS is approved during my course, can I go for the stamping after the completes and I am on OPT?

3) Also my h4 visa will get over in july 2018. Should I apply for extension?

4) Can I go for the F1 stamping during my OPT if approved via COS as I will not be having a I-20 at that time.

Thanks in advance for your replies. .

Link to comment
  • 5 months later...

Hello, 

my situation is an L2 child (turned 21 in Jan 2018), case recvd Aug 2017.

I’m still waiting for my decision, but I’m flying out in AUG 2018 for consular stamping and decided to withdraw i539 from that day.

please could you share, if you have received any case updates. It would be really helpful.

i have not consulted any attorney yet but please advise if you think attorney consultation would be useful before I fly out.


 

 
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...