H1b visa stamping in Calgary, Canada

Venkatkumar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had my visa interview for 1st time H1 stamping in Calgary on 02/12. Was asked a lot of questions regarding specific work details. Was more technical than I had expected. I answered everything. Interview lasted for about 15mins.

At the end VO asked for client/vendor/employer letters, resume, bank statements, work sample and handed a yellow slip. Case is still in admin processing. No response yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Following was my Experience in Calgary for H1B Visa . It might be useful for somebody.( I had applied for Canada Visitor Visa through VFS 2 months before the interview)

Monday Oct 8th: 

1. Took flight from DFW to Calgary. ( American airlines have direct flight from SFO ,Dallas and Seattle).

2. Booked a hotel nearby Embassy ( Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calgary, 1020 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1J2, Canada)

Tuesday Oct 9th:  [ My appointment was at 10 AM ]

1. Took a taxi from hotel to embassy (615 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4T8, Canada) . it is few minutes away from the embassy. (Trains are free inside Downtown) I took taxi since it was snowing.

2. Interview was smooth.  Finger prints was in the same building before the interview.  Just few questions about 1. FTE or Vendor 2.how long I have been with Company 3. What are you doing in Company and roles. It was just for 5 mins. 

3. Once interview was over Consular  said I can collect the passport within 3 to 5 days.

Wednesday Oct 10: 

1. DS-160 status changed to Issued.

2. The passport tracking number was generated and I chose delivery as Canada Post in the 6th ave in Downtown.

Thursday Oct 11:

1. Passport was ready for pickup in the Canada Post office .

2. Collected with  Bar code for the tracking number and phot Id ( I had moved to Dallas recently and License had old address. So had o show the Lease agreement for address proof in US ( they also accept bank statements for residence proof.
On 3/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, apurva16 said:

Hi,

I had my visa interview for 1st time H1 stamping in Calgary on 02/12. Was asked a lot of questions regarding specific work details. Was more technical than I had expected. I answered everything. Interview lasted for about 15mins.

At the end VO asked for client/vendor/employer letters, resume, bank statements, work sample and handed a yellow slip. Case is still in admin processing. No response yet.

Hi,

How did the interview go? Did you get your visa? Even i have my visa 1st time H1b stamping interview scheduled  in Jan 2019.

Archived