EB1 physician

vikramm

I'm an employed physician on an approved I-140 through EB2 application (priority date is February, 2013) and on a H1B visa extension. I have additional fellowship training and the department head / fellowship program director at my hospital. Also act as the medical director of a college health center and an athletic training Master's program. In this capacity I train and assess the work of other physicians, nurses and athletic trainers. Have done 4 radio and 4 television programs locally in my field of expertise. Over 17 years of work experience in India, United Kingdom and USA. Several ongoing research projects and presentations at national conferences but not many publications. Is there a possibility of  expediting my GC process through EB1 category ? Any other suggestions?

• 8 months later...

Typically, to qualify for EB-1, following at least three need to be fulfilled.

• Evidence of receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
  • Evidence of your membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
  • Evidence of published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
  • Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
  • Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
  • Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
  • Evidence that your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
  • Evidence of your performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
  • Evidence that you command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
  • Evidence of your commercial successes in the performing arts

Being solely doctor, department head, researcher...etc. does not automatically qualify you one. Hire good attorney that specializes in this area.

Archived