Houston N400 Processing Times

jsantani

Hi

My priority date is 3rd Jul '17 and I'm Houston based. My status is showing online waiting in-line for interview since 31st Jul '17 (after I was done with bio metrics). It's really frustrating to wait such a long time for interview, esp. since my Mother in law needs help and I need to travel overseas for it. Here's what I'm thinking - can you please advise if any of these would help and makes sense:

- Relocate to area in the purview of San Antonio Service Center and do a change of address. I see San Antonio is way ahead of Houston. 

- Is there any expedite process we can follow?

- What will be implications if I travel overseas for let's say 3 to 4 months while I retain my apartment in Houston?

- Another question I have - Does the USCIS processing time show priority date of the case; i.e. when I look at Houston for e.g. it shows 3rd Sep '16 as N400 date. Should I compare 3rd Sep '16 with 3rd Jul '17 or 31st Jul '17 (when my case moved in line for interview)?

I would really appreciate your guidance in this matter.

Thanks

On 1/6/2018 at 11:28 AM, jsantani said:

Hi

My priority date is 3rd Jul '17 and I'm Houston based. My status is showing online waiting in-line for interview since 31st Jul '17 (after I was done with bio metrics). It's really frustrating to wait such a long time for interview, esp. since my Mother in law needs help and I need to travel overseas for it. Here's what I'm thinking - can you please advise if any of these would help and makes sense:

- Relocate to area in the purview of San Antonio Service Center and do a change of address. I see San Antonio is way ahead of Houston. 

- Is there any expedite process we can follow?

- What will be implications if I travel overseas for let's say 3 to 4 months while I retain my apartment in Houston?

- Another question I have - Does the USCIS processing time show priority date of the case; i.e. when I look at Houston for e.g. it shows 3rd Sep '16 as N400 date. Should I compare 3rd Sep '16 with 3rd Jul '17 or 31st Jul '17 (when my case moved in line for interview)?

I would really appreciate your guidance in this matter.

Thanks

Nothing can be done until processing times for your field offices passes your priority date. You can absolutely travel while application is pending. Just update officer taking your interview about your latest travel dates. Subscribe for online alerts so in case you are not present in US and your interview is scheduled, you can travel back accordingly. Many field offices have severe backlog for interviews and it is taking almost 9+ months for interview to be scheduled. Hang in there, it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived