H4 Visa 221g white slip -H4 petetion

my wife attended H4 Visa appointment today 01/05/2018. while I am in US, I do not have a VISA but with a valid I 797.
she received a 221g white slip to submit the H4 Petition.

Hello,

I am in US since 2007 with I 140 approval - my current H1 is approved with a new employer in 2016  and this is 2nd  renewal after I 140 approval.

visa officer asked few questions to my wife lie
how long you are living in US?
how many of marriage?
how many kids? my wife told one kid and showed the kid accompanied with her to the visa interview.

asked about my empoler name.

after that she was give a the 221 G

my wife and kid are scheduled to come back on 01/14/2018.

please let me know if any one had simlar issue and does anyone know what could be the issue and what are the chances of getting the visa

Thanks,

On 1/5/2018 at 6:49 AM, prahaar said:

my wife attended H4 Visa appointment today 01/05/2018. while I am in US, I do not have a VISA but with a valid I 797.

Hello,

I am in US since 2007 with I 140 approval - my current H1 is approved with a new employer in 2016  and this is 2nd  renewal after I 140 approval.

how many of marriage?
how many kids? my wife told one kid and showed the kid accompanied with her to the visa interview.

please let me know if any one had simlar issue and does anyone know what could be the issue and what are the chances of getting the visa

Thanks,

My wife is planning to travel to India in Feb and has her H4 stamping interview in March.. What information/ documents did they ask in 221G ?

On 1/5/2018 at 6:49 AM, prahaar said:

Hello,

how many of marriage?

Thanks,

once I have submitted the for I539, consulate came back and asked for my approved H1B ( I797 A) and I have provided it on 01/09/2018

Current Status:  Administrative Processing 

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. 

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad.
==========================================================
Case Created: 04-Jan-2018
Case Last Updated: 09-Jan-2018
Edited by prahaar

@prahaar I'm also in same boat, my wife attended for her H4 while I'm in USA with valid extension. She was given 221(g) asking for documentation regarding my H1B petition (primary). My analysis is as H1B (primary) haven't attended visa interview for H4, Visa Officers are issuing 221(g) to verify H1B (primary) petition details with USCIS to approve H4 visa application.

3 hours ago, luck2u said:

@prahaar I'm also in same boat, my wife attended for her H4 while I'm in USA with valid extension. She was given 221(g) asking for documentation regarding my H1B petition (primary). My analysis is as H1B (primary) haven't attended visa interview for H4, Visa Officers are issuing 221(g) to verify H1B (primary) petition details with USCIS to approve H4 visa application.

So is your wife Visa approved or still pending ??

when did she attend the Visa interview

can you share your contact details or can you call me

I had valid h1b stamping and my wife went to h4 visa stamping on 1/3 . visa officer mentioned that your visa is issued but getting  db error , and given 221g white form with additional administration process required checked. visa officer just asked h1b 797 form and got xerox of it. I am ft employee for few years.

My wife had a similar experience with her H4 dropbox submitted on Dec 26th. she was called for fingerprint and interview at the Hyd Consulate on Jan 10th and they took H1b petition copy from her and then gave her a 221g white slip stating it requires additional administrative processing.

My H1b visa stamping was done 1 week earlier and we did not submit the documents for Dropbox together. May be that is the reason that it went into additional administrative processing. I might be wrong though.

Let me know if anyone of you have received the visa after 221g?

11 hours ago, prahaar said:

For your information H4 approval document was provided @ the time of VIsa appointment.

why would vIsa officer give 221 g for the document that was that was produced in original 

@prahaar It happens sometimes and I'm seeing this situation since 2007 i.e., applicant will carry all documents and show to Visa Officer (VO), still VO checks same list of documents on 221(g) form and issues to the applicant. I've noticed some applicants dropped the same documents in dropbox with 221(g) that are shown to VO at the time of interview & got passports returned with visa :) without any new document.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/11/2018 at 3:05 AM, abhishekster said:

My wife had a similar experience with her H4 dropbox submitted on Dec 26th. she was called for fingerprint and interview at the Hyd Consulate on Jan 10th and they took H1b petition copy from her and then gave her a 221g white slip stating it requires additional administrative processing.

My H1b visa stamping was done 1 week earlier and we did not submit the documents for Dropbox together. May be that is the reason that it went into additional administrative processing. I might be wrong though.

Let me know if anyone of you have received the visa after 221g?

@abhishekster Can you please let me know when your wife H4 visa was stamp? How much processing time it took once they provide her a 221g white slip at the interview? I am having same issue with my wife where I am in US with valid I-797 and she got 221g white slip for an interview. I would really appreciate if you could provide the timeline of when the visa was issued in your case. thanks.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:44 PM, luck2u said:

@luck2u My wife went for dropbox on dec 26th and today she received 221g white slip for appearing for interview. Can you tell when did you receive the passport after appearing for 221g interview?

On 1/9/2018 at 4:05 AM, prahaar said:

once I have submitted the for I539, consulate came back and asked for my approved H1B ( I797 A) and I have provided it on 01/09/2018

Current Status:  Administrative Processing 

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. 

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad.
==========================================================
Case Created: 04-Jan-2018
Case Last Updated: 09-Jan-2018

@prahaar Can you tell me when did your wife finally received the passport? How much time it took for this processing? I am having same issue and would really appreciate if you provide any information on the approval timeline.

19 hours ago, Luck01 said:

@luck2u My wife went for dropbox on dec 26th and today she received 221g white slip for appearing for interview. Can you tell when did you receive the passport after appearing for 221g interview?

@Luck01As my wife was given 221(g) asking for primary-H1B's petition documents that were filed with USCIS, she directly dropped all documents thru dropbox and after that within 4 days she was asked to drop the passport.