All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
care_candidate

H1b - EAD (Before Green card) Travel

I am on H1b visa working for employer in US.

I am going to apply for I-485 through Eb2 (india).

After this application is submitted, when/if can I travel outside US and come back?

Do I get option for Advance Parole?

I don't exactly know what that is.

Situation is that I will apply for I-485 in February. I will also file for getting EAD with that. I have stamped H1b till July. So if I travel in the month of June and return at the end of June my officer at Airport will say I have only few days of H1B remaining -so what is my plan? Should I tell him that I have applied for I-485?....I think that will put me in transition state.....right?

You do not have to tell him anything as he knows the whole history as laid down in his computer screen. When does your H1 I94 expire? There is a combined AP/EAD card which lets you travel and also work.

My H1 expires in July 2018. My company will apply for extension and will get before that. And I will apply for GC (I-485) in April.

Question: What do I need to do in my Green card application in order to travel with no issue? Is the any other form to be attached along with main application for this?

There is a combined AP/EAD card issued nowadays. Please read

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You apply for an EAD AND AP while filing your AOS. The H1 visa stamp HAS NOTHING to do with the situation. When does your current H1 petition expire? Secondly you can produce your AP card and be paroled in. The first time you do this you will go for routine secondary inspection before being paroled in.