O-1 Visa Case Evaluation

O1 CS Applicant

Hi, 

I am a research scientist working in the area of AI for a reputed MNC company in their India branch (for around 5 years). I am currently trying to relocate to the US from India within the same company. However, the company's attorney is suggesting that I take up an L-1 visa initially and then apply for an EB-1 category while filing GC. I am wondering if I should directly try for an O-1 visa due to the following credentials I possess: - a) PhD in CS from a reputed research institution in India (IIT) b) More than 25 peer-reviewed research publications in top-notch conferences/journals c) More than 120 citations (excluding self-citations) d) Best Research Paper Award in a reputed international conference. e) More than 6 invitations to review reputed journal papers, numerous conference papers, M.S (Research) and Ph.D thesis f) 4 reference letters from renowned researchers in the area (who have worked with me).

I need an opinion on: 
a) Should I directly apply for an O-1 visa? If so, what are chances of qualifying?
b) Is applying for L-1B and then filing under EB-1 for GC a possible option? If so, will there be any risk associated with this?

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks,

Archived