H1B Visa Stamp - Dropbox Hyderabad

naveen145903

Hi,

I was eligible for dropbox option for H1B Visa renewal. I visited the Documents Dropoff location at Hyderabad on 21st December 2017. I reached the location by 9:30 am. There was no line and was allowed inside. Documents were verified at one of the counters. Returned Dropbox Confirmation Letter with stamped acknowledgement. 

21st December 2017 - Submitted the documents

22nd December 2017 - Case Created and Status shows as "Administrative Processing".

It is still in "Administrative Processing" status. Could you please let me know how long does it take for the status to change. 

10 hours ago, naveen145903 said:

Hi,

I was eligible for dropbox option for H1B Visa renewal. I visited the Documents Dropoff location at Hyderabad on 21st December 2017. I reached the location by 9:30 am. There was no line and was allowed inside. Documents were verified at one of the counters. Returned Dropbox Confirmation Letter with stamped acknowledgement. 

21st December 2017 - Submitted the documents

22nd December 2017 - Case Created and Status shows as "Administrative Processing".

It is still in "Administrative Processing" status. Could you please let me know how long does it take for the status to change. 

It's common to see administrative processing these days. Either you will get approved in a week or so, or they might call you for fingerprints again and later approve (watch out for emails from consulate) 

Nothing to panic 

Personal experience with at New Delhi consulate December, 2017, Dropbox and then called for Interview at the Consulate, please plan for approx. 1 week to get the update from the day of submitting documents, and if called for anything further, add another week. To summarize, please allow yourself 2-3 weeks of time.

Also consider that the last week of December is holiday season so further delay could be added but important is to stay positive and enjoy your vacations at home.

Hi,

i checked the status today and in the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker site it shows last updated date as 27th december and status as "Issued". I received the following email from usatraveldocs.com

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate 

The passport number being returned is <PassPort Number>. 

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location: 

Hyderabad, 1-8-384/385 Ground Floor, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road,, Hyderabad, 500003.

Can i go and collect the passport. Would it mean Visa is approved or they are going to call for interview/finger print. Please let me know if anyone received similar email. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived