Previous employer H1B valid visa, is stamping required along with H4

itsmekc@2017

Hi All,

Here is my case,

I have a valid H1B stamping from employer A till Aug 2018. Recently I changed my employer to B and have a new I797 with validity till May 2020. Now I'm planning to go to India for my marriage on Feb 2018 and planning to get my spouse passport stamped with employer B visa which will be valid till May 2020 and take her along with me while traveling back to the US.  

In this scenario, should I also go for stamping along with my spouse since I have employer A visa (which is still valid)?

Since my spouse's passport will have employer B visa, will it cause issue at PoE if I use my previous employer A visa?

Thanks in advance

You do not require a fresh visa until Aug 2018.

But you are eligible to receive a new visa starting Feb 2018. If all your paperwork in place and if it's straightforward, you can accompany your wife to get the new visa for the same appointment. You both will be good until 2020. A point to be considered. I think you are eligible for the dropbox.

2 hours ago, rohit369 said:

You do not require a fresh visa until Aug 2018.

But you are eligible to receive a new visa starting Feb 2018. If all your paperwork in place and if it's straightforward, you can accompany your wife to get the new visa for the same appointment. You both will be good until 2020. A point to be considered. I think you are eligible for the dropbox.

Yes i’m eligible for dropbox stamping, in that case can I do Dropbox before my marriage due to time constraints. Also in that case should I submit my DS 160 as single and for spouse as married since she will be attending the interview after the marriage.

On 12/25/2017 at 8:52 PM, itsmekc@2017 said:

Yes i’m eligible for dropbox stamping, in that case can I do Dropbox before my marriage due to time constraints. Also in that case should I submit my DS 160 as single and for spouse as married since she will be attending the interview after the marriage.

Yes

Archived