STEM OPT Extension

srikanthmadala

Dear Sir/Madam,

My question is regarding application for OPT extension. I work at Company 'Y' which is a spinoff company of Company 'X'. Company 'Y' and Company 'X' are under common ownership and share corporate services (HR, Payroll etc.). Mine, and in fact all of company Y employees paychecks and W2s are generated by Company X. Company X is e-verified and has an e-verify account, but company Y is not on paper. However, since all of company Y employees are part of company X's payroll, we are reported to USCIS as well through company X's e-verify process. Would I be able to go ahead and apply OPT Extension using Company X's E-Verify account and EIN? If not what would be the best solution for me? Should I ask our common HR to e-verify company Y as well? She thinks that it is redundant as company X is the superset and company Y is a subset.

My First year of OPT cycle expires on Feb 14, 2018. Any response is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Srikanth

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 5:27 PM, srikanthmadala said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My question is regarding application for OPT extension. I work at Company 'Y' which is a spinoff company of Company 'X'. Company 'Y' and Company 'X' are under common ownership and share corporate services (HR, Payroll etc.). Mine, and in fact all of company Y employees paychecks and W2s are generated by Company X. Company X is e-verified and has an e-verify account, but company Y is not on paper. However, since all of company Y employees are part of company X's payroll, we are reported to USCIS as well through company X's e-verify process. Would I be able to go ahead and apply OPT Extension using Company X's E-Verify account and EIN? If not what would be the best solution for me? Should I ask our common HR to e-verify company Y as well? She thinks that it is redundant as company X is the superset and company Y is a subset.

My First year of OPT cycle expires on Feb 14, 2018. Any response is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Srikanth

You should be fine since X is already e-verified.

• 2 months later...

Archived