H1b Denied. Status updated as "Received" after 1 week. Why?

kanand124

Hello All,

I have checked my H1B case status on Dec 11th. It was showing Denied.

Today the status is changed to the below:

Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

On December 18, 2017, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our California Service Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

What does this mean?

The status was shown denied until yesterday! Please let me know if anyone experienced the same.

Strangely..... Attorney did receive email yesterday. But no email on Denial yet

Date: Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Subject: WACXXXXXXXXX Thank-you for using the USCIS Premium Processing Service
To: XXX@XXXX.com

Receipt

The California Service Center has received the following I-129 Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker that had been filed under the Premium Processing Program:

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXXC
Date Received: 12/04/2017
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Beneficiary: ANAND
DOB: 11/12/XXXX
Classification sought: NCP

On December 20, 2017, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our California Service Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, kanand124 said:

Hello All,

I have checked my H1B case status on Dec 11th. It was showing Denied.

Today the status is changed to the below:

On December 18, 2017, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our California Service Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

What does this mean?

The status was shown denied until yesterday! Please let me know if anyone experienced the same.

Even I faced the same issue and mine is denied on dec 14th, may I know your H1b got approved or what is the present status.

Is it your first H1b or extension ?

On 12/29/2017 at 7:03 PM, raghug2006 said:

Even I faced the same issue and mine is denied on dec 14th, may I know your H1b got approved or what is the present status.

Is it your first H1b or extension ?

Current status still shows that the case was received and being processed. But, I did receive a denial letter. Mine is H1b extension and I-140 approved.

On December 20, 2017, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our California Service Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Archived