Question bio and i485

Advicereq123

Hi,

Would anyone be able to give thoughts on the following questions:

Spouse will not be able to attend biometric appt. We could re-schedule but would the re-scheduling delay only the spouse's (dependent) application or delay both primary and dependent application? 

Also are the primary I485 and dependent I485 two different applications or is there any dependency in general? 

Thank you both for helping me understand.

Since spouse is on an extended trip outside the country, for how long / how far in the future can the re-scheduling appointment be done?

Also here in case of primary applicant,  does an earlier walk-in (than scheduled date) for biometrics help in faster processing of the application ?

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to check how many times the appointment can be re-scheduled since spouse will be unable to attend appointment (as spouse is currently out of the country) ?  Is it ok to re-schedule more than once, leave application abandoned or change to consular processing - wanted to check what option would be better in this case?

On 1/4/2018 at 0:22 AM, Advicereq123 said:

Wanted to check how many times the appointment can be re-scheduled since spouse will be unable to attend appointment (as spouse is currently out of the country) ?  Is it ok to re-schedule more than once, leave application abandoned or change to consular processing - wanted to check what option would be better in this case?

I know people who have done it more than once...why don't you try multiple times and let us know when USCIS runs out of patience on this case?

Archived